If you were signed in, you could rate this activity and add it to one of your lists.
Make your own rain stick
A rain stick is a hollow stick with beads inside that creates the sound of rain when you turn the stick end over end. These instructions will teach you how to create your own.
A Long cardboard tube from wrapping paper
Lots of 1-inch long nails
Uncooked rice, small beans or beads
1. Use the pen to make dots about half an inch apart in a spiral all the way down the tube. Most cardboard tubes already have a spiral that you can follow.
2. Push a nail in each dot all the way through.
3. Use tape to keep all the nails in place.
4. Seal off one end of the tube by cutting a piece of paper, wrapping it over the end and using tape to hold it in place.
5. Put some rice, beans or beads inside the tube and test the sound using your hand to cover the open end. Add or subtract until you like it.
6. Cover the open end in the same way as in step 4.
Flags: Very Short (0-60 mins), Short (1-3 hours), Solo, With a Friend, Children, Teens, Indoors, At Home, Morning, Day, Night, Sunny, Snowy, Rainy