If you were signed in, you could rate this activity and add it to one of your lists.
Mirror work is a beautiful way to decorate your clothes using small mirrors. These mirrors are available in several shapes and sizes. In combination with embroidery, mirror work gives even plain clothes a rich and beautiful look.
To do a mirror work project, you will need
1. The dress on which you plan to place the mirrors.
2. A design on paper that illustrates what is the final look you want to achieve.
3. Mirrors and embroidery threads in the correct sizes and colours respectively.
Mirrors can be sewed onto the clothes by using "rings" that are readily available in all sizes. Place the mirror where you want it to appear on your dress, then place the mirror ring on the mirror, sew all around the mirror ring to fix it onto the cloth.
Typical ideas for mirror work would be -
1. Mirrors lining your neckline, end of your sleeves or end of your blouse/dress.
2. One large mirror surrounded by four to six small mirrors in the center of the back of your dress.
3. A long line of mirrors running down the center of your blouse or dress, alternated with some embroidery if you wish.
So what are you waiting for? Grab some mirrors and get going! And enjoy the sparkling look!
Flags: Short (1-3 hours), Medium (3-6 hours), Long (6-24 hours), Solo, With a Friend, Teens, Adults, Indoors, At Home, Morning, Day, Night, Sunny, Snowy, Rainy